I have to take a moment to honor one of what I consider the best comedians to come from such humble beginnings. Bernie Mac to me presented a lifestyle that many black people should work to achieve. His show “The Bernie Mac Show” presented a family struggling to get along and a man willing to take his sister’s kids in for a better life that even he did not have. The show itself steered away from the usual TV comedy format with Bernie’s comedic one man session, where he pushed the audience to understand where he was coming from with these “dawg on kids!”. He will truly be missed for his humor, his controversy, and his keeping it real. This is to Mac, keep on telling those jokes up there in the afterlife and give others that have passed also something to laugh about.
- I Have Moved!
- Why Are We Here? A Call to Action for Africans in the Diaspora
- Mama Africa
- Memorializing War: Is Black America at War?
- Alvin Ailey: Modern Dance King Fifty Years Later
- Idiot of the Week: Hamid Karzai
- Negro Girl
- Hello. Goodbye. I love you.
- Obama’s Inauguration: A New Age for America
- Affirming Affirmative Action